It’s that time of year again where I get to rate and slate the wonderful, the downright skanky, the helpful and the miserable. This year I have stayed on 26 sites in total, some of then get a 2nd visit, some I will never return to even if you hold a gun to my head so here goes – this is what I thought of 2011.
- Favourite sites:- Caravan Club Warwick Racecourse and Crystal Palace
- Nicest Wardens/Asst Wardens:- CC Warwick RC & Crystal Palace and C&CC Tavistock and Sevenoaks
- Best CL/CS:- Victoria Farm, High Cross and Churchill Kennels, Lanner.
- Most ‘Wow’ Facilities:- CC New Forest and Littlehampton
- Best Value:- CC Sennen Cove and Warwick RC
- Best for Motorhomers:- CC Crystal Palace, Warwick RC, C&CC Salisbury, The Headlands, Tintagel
- Worst Sites:- CC Park Coppice, Coniston
- Arsehole Wardens/Owners:- C&CC Salisbury, CC Exeter Racecourse, Harbury Fields Leamington
- Worst CL/CS – Atherstone Stables
- Worst Facilities:- The Trees – Ingleton, C&CC Sevenoaks, Victoria Farm (at times)
- Biggest Rip Off:- Hurley Riverside Park – Maidstone; New House Caravan Park – Kirkby Lonsdale; Wolvey Villa – Leics.
- Worst for Motorhomers:- Sennen Cove, CC Park Coppice and New Forest, Lairhillock Park nr Rugby
And if anyone wishes for a more in-depth explanation as to how I’ve come about these decisions then feel free to ask. I’m always happy to voice my opinion in great detail.